European Ichthyological Society Student Awards (EISSA)
The EIS Student Awards (EISSA) include:
Up to three EISSA for outstanding oral presentations
Up to three EISSA for outstanding poster presentations
All winners of both categories will receive a 200 EUR and free EIS membership for the period until the next congress.
To be eligible for either EISSA a student must:
(1) be under the age of 35 and present a proof of student status;
(2) be the first author and the presenter of the candidate presentation;
(3) send an application to board member Jörg Bohlen (email@example.com) not later than the registration deadline for the given EIS. The application has to include the following items:
- a short informal cover letter including description of present position and duration of student status,
- a summary of the student’s presentation with the title
- a brief description of the importance of the presented study (max 250 words)
- a detailed list of contribution of each author.
Besides, in case of multi-authored presentation, the maximum allowed number of co-authors is 3 and the student must formally state that the content of the presentation is the result of her/his sole work (i.e. presentations resulting from joint work or team work are not eligible).
All posters and presentations must be in English.
Each student may be a candidate for an award for only one poster or oral presentation.
During the ECI XVI, an evaluation committee for each category will evaluate the candidate presentations.
The results will be announced during the Congress Dinner or the closing ceremony.
All students are welcome to apply for candidateship for EISSA.